There’s a few fashion and beauty staples that will never go out of style. Leopard print, classic red, black pumps, loose curls, and … the S M O K E Y eye.
A lot of people are intimidated by the sultry look, but we’re here to give you a few easy tips for the purrrfect smokey cat eye.
Here's what we use: Urban Decay eyeshadow, Dior Show Maximizer eyelash primer, Better Than Sex mascara, Eyeko liquid eyeliner.
• Start with a lighter shade on the inside half of your lid. I like to opt for a shimmery bronze, but a white shadow creates a more dramatic look.
• Choose a matte black eyeshadow (we like Urban Decay’s “blackout” :: it literally lasts years, so it’s worth the investment). Matte shadows tend to photograph better in everyday situations!
• You’re going to look weird, but do your shadow first before anything else. Take a S M A L L amount of black shadow and follow your eye socket bone up the ends of your lids :: only go ¾ of a way!
• Now, open your eyes. You’ll be able to see where the black is, and you’ll want to go just a touch above the fold of your lid. This way when your eyes are open, they’ll still give the smokey effect.
• Once you’re layered your shadow to the desired darkness, blend it all together by using small brush strokes (with no shadow).
• With a round eyeshadow brush, tap the black shadow a few times. Dab this gently on the outer lower lid, blending in to the sides.
• Next up: eyeliner! This step is really up to the person. I personally like to use liquid eyeliner on ¾ of my top lid, and not use any on the lower half. For a more dramatic look, add more eyeliner.
• Curl lashes, apply eyelash primer, and 2-3 coats of your favorite mascara until your desired effect is achieved.
Voila! You’re ready for a steamy night out on the town. Give it a shot, and share with us your [after] photos! Go get ‘em, tiger!
XOXOXOOO -The Kittsona Gals